For many Alaskans, Wes Browning’s story will sound familiar.
The story opens in May of 1965, on the night Phil Lesh and a few of his friends dropped acid and went to see his acquaintance Garcia’s new electric ensemble, the Warlocks, at a San Francisco club.
The battle to legalize industrial hemp in Alaska was won in the halls of Congress and the Alaska state Capitol in Juneau over the past several…
- Meet your budtenders: Madeline Reyes & Becca Hodson
- Graphic novel takes grateful reader on a long, strange trip
- Now that industrial hemp is legal, Alaska’s industry must follow law
- Pot Shot
- Curbside pickup: Retailers say it’s a service customers appreciate
- Historic cannabis vote in the U.S. House
- The Bud Hub: New things to share in a new year
- A guide to buying your first smoking piece
- In a first, House votes to federally decriminalize marijuana
- Kodiak borough holds public hearing today on possible tax hikes
- Rural Alaska dispensaries face some high hurdles to success
- Welcome to the club: Four more states approve recreational use of cannabis
- An unfair advantage? Industry and regulators get serious about unpaid tax bills
- Turnagain Herb Co.: Partners found early success, and are building up their brand again
- Meet your budtenders: Cherry Ferry & Thomas Mackie
- A serene wander: Free time, good scenery and tasty smoke
- More Americans than ever support legal cannabis
- A bang-up banger hanger
- More legal marijuana equals less crime? Not so fast
- Pot Shots: Bruce Banner by Turnagain Herb Co.
- How to start talking to your doctor about cannabis and CBD
- The Bud Hub: Snowy day finds
- ‘The New Chardonnay’ gives readers an inside look at cannabiz pioneers
- No-bake edibles
- Alaska’s marijuana tax revenue jumps for first half of 2020
Though the measure is not expected to pass the Senate, marijuana advocates and the bill's supporters said passing the MORE Act was a significa…
Taxes could soon go up on tobacco products and motor vehicle registrations as the Kodiak Island Borough Assembly is considering raising both.
For Bristol Bay Bud Company in Dillingham, navigating the challenges has been “a huge learning experience,” said Heather Allen, BBBC managing …
The push toward legalization on a state level has steadily gained steam since Colorado and Washington state were the first to enter the fray i…
“Members of our industry have expressed to us that they are losing their drive to stay compliant because there is no meaningful consequence fo…